Support the City of Stonecrest as Building Inspector and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As an experienced ICC Certified Building Inspector your responsibilities are to inspect buildings and building systems at various stages of construction, alteration and repair for compliance with applicable state and local codes as well as conformance with project conditions; visit premises and provide information and assistance to owners, developers and departments or divisions of the City to gain conformance to codes and report findings.
Our Building Inspectors:
- Perform field inspections of residential and commercial buildings during various stages of construction and remodeling; ensures that structures are being constructed in accordance with approved plans and specifications and in compliance with applicable state and local laws, ordinances, and codes (including, but not limited to, building, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and energy codes) to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the public
- Conduct periodic field inspections before and during construction, remodeling, or repair; check the safety of construction and installation practices; inspect the quality of materials and methods of construction for footings and foundations, excavations, wood framing, concrete work, steel erection, lathing, plastering, tile work, masonry, electrical, plumbing, and other construction work; make final inspections to clear permits
- Interpret codes and regulations; review, research, and communicate results in determining applicable codes/ordinances; explain required inspections, construction requirements and construction and repair methods and materials to owners, architects, engineers, contractors, and the public; advise owners on matters related to building permits; investigate and resolve building and related complaints
- May assist with reviewing plans and specifications
- Maintain a variety of files and records related to areas of assignment including permit binders, records of inspections made and actions taken, and plans; input and retrieve information from computer databases; prepare reports, correspondence, and a variety of other written materials as requested
- Perform other similar duties as assigned
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Four (4) years of experience in building construction
- Four (4) years of experience in building inspection
- Experience with code application in construction, remodeling, or repair
- Experience with federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to building construction and zoning requirements
- Experience with the following: building codes and regulations applicable to commercial and residential inspection work: methods and regulations pertinent to mechanical inspection; materials, methods, and regulations pertinent to plumbing inspection; zoning regulations; site drainage and grading; sign code; and the fire code as it applies to building construction
- Certification by the International Code Council (ICC) in at least one Residential or Commercial Inspector specialty area; if this certification is not held, must become certified no later than one (1) year from date of hire (ICC certification is a condition of continued employment)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Possess a valid state driver’s license with a clean driving record with no major infractions
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or building related field
- Three (3) years of building trade work experience
- Knowledge of and ability to apply building design and construction technology
Join CH2M Jacobs and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges as you support the development of life-changing infrastructure that improves communities across the United States. See the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients.
CH2M Jacobs will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g. H1-B, etc.) for this position.
To apply for this position, please click here to get to the CH2M application page.