See a violation? Call 770-224-0200
Or Email email@example.com
Stonecrest Code Enforcement Division Goal
The goal of this division is to make and keep the City of Stonecrest a clean and beautiful place. Code Enforcement is responsible for enforcing codes which address health and safety issues, including regulations related to rubbish, debris, attractive nuisances, removal of vegetation, zoning and inoperable vehicles on private property.
The Code Enforcement Department strives to optimize all available resources to foster positive relationships between the Stonecrest residents, business, and industry stakeholders. This will be accomplished by voluntary compliance through various outreach methods, liaison opportunities, clearly defined code standards, and appropriate enforcement actions, both proactively and in response to citizen requests. These services help to improve and stabilize neighborhoods, protect property values and promote a healthier and safer environment.
Duties of code enforcement officers include responding to complaints and violations of the following:
- Improperly parked, unlicensed, and inoperable vehicles on private property
- Recreational or specialized vehicles within residential districts
- Zoning issues
- Weed abatement
- Health and safety issues
- Noise complaints on general or landscape contractors
- Property maintenance related to overgrown plants, outside storage and trash and debris.
Code enforcement officers document incidents for possible litigation and educate the public through personal contact and published material. Code enforcement officers also issue warnings and, as a last resort, citations for violations
- The Code Enforcement Department receives complaints via telephone, email, postal mail, and in-person at the city hall.
- Once the complaint has been received, the claim is logged into our case management system known as CitizenServe.
- The case is assigned to an officer for an inspection related to the complaint.
- The officer inspects within 48 hours of receipt.
- Once the inspection has been completed on the property, all violations are identified if found, and Notice of Violation is provided to the owner or tenant or anyone who has legal control and custody of the property. The Notice usually allows for seven days from the initial inspection for compliance, but extensions can be granted for circumstances which may be wanted if the responsible party contacts te officer to request such extension.
- Once the extension and/or compliance date has passed, another reinspection is conducted, and if the property remains in violation, then a citation to appear in the City fo Stonecrest Municipal Court will be written to all parties, including the property owner if needed.
- Once a citation is issued to the violator then they are required to appear in the City of Stonecrest Municipal Court.
Some Examples of Violations
Violation - Parking on the lawn.
Violation - Peeling paint and weeds on buildings.
Officer W. Kirkland removes illegal signs from Turner Hill Road.
Violation - Structural damage.
Violation - Mattress in front yard.
How Do I report a complaint to the City of Stonecrest Code Enforcement Department?
Click here for a complaint form that can be filled out and can be emailed to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or printed and mailed or scanned back to the Code Enforcement Department. Also, you can contact the Code Enforcement Department at (770) 224-0200 or email email@example.com. You may also email photos of any violations to this address..
Can I remain anonymous when reporting a code enforcement violation?
Yes. We do not require that you provide any personal information. Remember that all information you provide to the city, including names, phone numbers, or email addresses, is subject to the open records laws. In other words, we must provide this information to anyone who asks for it. If you wish to remain completely anonymous, do not provide your personal information.
What do I do if I've received a notice of violation from Code Enforcement
If you have any questions about what is required of you to achieve compliance with City of Stonecrest Code Enforcement Department, please contact the officer assigned to your case. The officer's name is listed on the bottom of the notice you received. You can also call our main number at (770) 224-0200 and speak to anyone in the Code Enforcement Department.
Who is responsible for maintaining the appearance of our right-of-ways?
Stonecrest code enforcement officers will be responsible for the removal of illegal signs and small debris. Lawn maintenance, including tree and shrubbery trimming, will still be maintained by the DeKalb County.
Georgia Landlord-Tenant Handbook
Submit a complaint
Online Code Enforcement Services
Have you seen tall weeds, illegal parking, junk cars or other code enforcement violations in your neighborhood? If so submit an online complaint, and it will be automatically routed to the appropriate department for investigation. Check the status of your compliant, through compliance online Today!
Code Enforcement Director
Code Enforcement Officer
Code Enforcement Officer