The Planning & Zoning Department implements the Comprehensive Plan and the Zoning Ordinance. The Comprehensive Plan sets the vision, mission, policies, and goals for the city. It is the guide that current and future administrations will use for the future development and growth of Stonecrest.
Planning & Zoning functions are:
- Answering inquiries regarding zoning, special uses, buffers and development plans.
- Review plans for compliance with Zoning, the Zoning Ordinance, and subdivision regulations
- Review and administer zoning and land development variance applications
- Prepare zoning certifications and correspondences
- Review applications for special event permits
Special Event Permits
The Planning & Zoning Department reviews all applications for special outdoor events in coordination with DeKalb County Police, Fire, Health Services and Sanitation Departments. This review and coordination requires approximately a month from the time of application submittal, so if you planning a large outdoor holiday event, please submit your applications at least 30 to 45 days prior to the event to help ensure the safety of all participants and to avoid any citations from Stonecrest and County officials.
Land Use Applications
You may be looking to submit applications for review or processing, researching the permit process or conducting due diligence, or just interested in learning more about what's happening in your city. Whatever brought you here, we hope you can find what you are looking for below.
Customers will need to submit all Planning & Zoning applications requests via the Citizenserve Online Portal.
*NOTE: Applications and payment will no longer be accepted by mail. Payment accepted online ONLY.
Submit requests via the Citizenserve Online Portal.
Applications can be found under Planning & Zoning ---> Create Planning Application ---> Select
Application Type ---> Click Submit. An application number will be generated when submittal is complete.
The following applications are located within the portal:
- Comprehensive Plan 2038
- Lot Division/Lot Combination/Boundary Line Adjustment Application
- Plat Application
- Pre-Application Form
- Rezoning Application
- Special Admin Permit Application
- Special Land Use Application
- Special Event Permit Application
- Variance Application Form
- Zoning Certification Letter Request