The Planning & Zoning Department implements the Comprehensive Plan and the Zoning Ordinance. The Comprehensive Plan sets the vision, mission, policies, and goals for the city. It is the guide that current and future administrations will use for the future development and growth of Stonecrest.
View Our New Planning & Zoning Project Viewer
Our new Planning and Zoning Project Viewer application can be used to easily access information regarding various permits such as Land Disturbance, Special Events, Rezoning, and more!
NOTE: the information provided within the application is updated monthly. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to the Planning & Zoning Department: email@example.com.
Planning & Zoning functions are:
- Answering inquiries regarding zoning, special uses, buffers and development plans.
- Review plans for compliance with Zoning, the Zoning Ordinance, and subdivision regulations
- Review and administer zoning and land development variance applications
- Prepare zoning certifications and correspondences
- Review applications for special event permits
Special Administrative/Event Permits
Effective July 1, 2023, by the state of Georgia, House Bill 1405 states that applicants seeking to obtain a Special Administrative/Event Permit are required to attend a public hearing with the Planning & Zoning department. This process requires the department to notify the surrounding properties, within 1000 ft. radius of the applicant's proposed location, about the petition and hearing date, and also requires this information to be advertised locally. This process can take up to 60 days to complete.
The Planning & Zoning Department reviews all applications for special outdoor events in coordination with DeKalb County Fire & Police, Health Services, and Sanitation Departments. Individuals who are attempting to plan a special event are encouraged to begin the process at least 60 days before the proposed event to ensure the safety of all participants and to help avoid citations from Stonecrest and County officials.
You may need a Special Administrative/Event Permit if you are interested in:
- Hosting an outdoor event
- Operating a (Type 1) Home Occupation Business
- Installing a rooftop solar panel
Please review Chapter 27 Zoning Ordinance of the City of Stonecrest Code of Ordinances, or contact the Planning & Zoning Department to see if the permit is applicable.
Land Use Applications
You may be looking to submit applications for review or processing, researching the permit process or conducting due diligence, or just interested in learning more about what's happening in your city. Whatever brought you here, we hope you can find what you are looking for below.
Customers will need to submit all Planning & Zoning applications requests via the Citizenserve Online Portal.
*NOTE: Applications and payment will no longer be accepted by mail. Payment accepted online ONLY.
Submit requests via the Citizenserve Online Portal.
Applications can be found under Planning & Zoning ---> Create Planning Application ---> Select
Application Type ---> Click Submit. An application number will be generated when submittal is complete.
The following applications are located within the portal:
- Reviews plans, specifications, contract documents, and other technical data to ensure conformance with City standards; recommends and/or make changes, as necessary
- Interact daily with various departments within the City, field personnel, site contractors, subcontractors, consultants, and jurisdictional agency representatives.
- Assists with land development plan reviews and tree removal permit reviews and processing
- Communicate and enforce safety regulations and job standards on all construction sites to laborers and subcontractors
- Regularly review all active development projects to verify work progress and contractor activity
- Monitor all land development infrastructure construction phases through successful delivery of finished property lots
- Responds to public inquiries at the front counter and over the phone in a courteous manner; provides information to the citizens within the area of assignment; resolves complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Answers questions, provides information to, and confers with property owners regarding project schedule, hazards, and inconvenience; schedules service interruptions with the least interference and least inconvenience to property owners; coordinates work with other City departments and utilities to resolve interferences and conflicts.