2020 Stonecrest Resurfacing Project
The 2020 Street Resurfacing Project, funded by SPLOST and LMIG funds at $4.96 million, will pave approximately 15.5 miles of Stonecrest's worst roads, including the following major thoroughfares:
- Browns Mill Ferry Road (approx. 1 mile from Browns Mill Rd to dead end)
- Phillips Road (approx. 0.75 miles between Covington Hwy and Marbut Rd)
- Fairington Road (the entire 1.7 miles between Panola Rd and Hillandale Rd)
- Mall Parkway (approx. 1.3 miles between Klondike and Evans Mill Rd)
- Panola Road (approx. 1.4 miles between Snapfinger and Browns Mill Rd)
- Rock Springs Road (approx. 1.1 miles between Cleveland Rd and Panola Rd)
- Evans Mill Road (approx. 2.9 miles from Rock Spring Rd to Browns Mill Rd)
Additionally, the city will pave 3 subdivisions that were abandoned by the builders before the roads were completed:
- Haynes Park
- Terrace at Stonecrest
- Miller Park (Lacy Lane and Tadmore Lane)
The paving contract was awarded to ER Snell Contracting and work is scheduled to begin the week of April 20, 2020. Click here for the 2020 Road Resurfacing List
- The paving crew will mobilize to Regency Park subdivision on Monday, June 22nd with a day crew.
- The paving crew is also are putting out message boards on Fairington Road notifying the public of the paving operations will begin Wednesday night, June 17th.
- Going forward, all major roads on the list will be done using a night paving crew
The following road(s) are scheduled for repaving during the week of:
June 8, 2020
- Regency Park Drive
- Alpine Court
- Hardin Court
- Aberdeen Way
- Aberdeen Cove
- Regency Forest Court
- Regency Manor Court
View the 2020 Road Resurfacing list here:
2019 Stonecrest Resurfacing Project
Road Repaving Project (Phase 1)
Stonecrest 2019 Phase 1 Paving is completed with 4.28 miles of roadway on 19 different streets touching all 5 districts in Stonecrest (see attached streets on LMIG Paving Schedule); the $2.05 million budgeted project finished on-schedule and under budget.The repaving of our streets was completed using LMIG (Local Maintenance Improvement Grant) and SPLOST (Special Local Option Sales Tax) funds (Your Pennies at Work!).
For 2019 LMIG/SPLOST Resurfacing Schedule (Phase 1), click the link below:
'Inside Stonecrest' Video Coverage of LMIG / SPLOST Resurfacing Project
Road Repaving Project (Phase 2)
Stonecrest 2019 Phase II Paving began the first week of September 2019 covered 4.59 miles on 3 major roads at a cost of $2 million using SPLOST funds. All five districts now have a major road completely resurfaced: Turner Hill Road in District 1, Thompson Mill Road in District 2 and District 3, Salem Road in District 4, and Rockland Road in District 5. This project was completed in October 2019.
For 2019 SPLOST Resurfacing Schedule (Phase 2), click the link below:
Road Repaving Project (Phase 3)
The effective management of Phase 1 and Phase 2 lead to cost savings of $350,000. Using these savings, the City of Stonecrest was able to resurface another mile of roadway in the Chestnut Lakes subdivision.
'Inside Stonecrest' Video Coverage of Chestnut Lakes Road Upgrades
In 2019, your SPLOST pennies have paved almost 10 miles of the 27 worst roads in the Stonecrest. Your city hall staff is working diligently to pull together the paving plan for 2020 and beyond.